✧2D Design✧




Heya!! For this week's post, we had to create a 2D design in Rhino, we needed to draw inspiration from pictures from a scavenger hunt around the city. I took this as an opportunity to go to all my fav places lol.

INSPIRATION:

For my scavenger hunt, I went to the Pisces Pet Emporium (where I found the starfish), to a couple of thrift stores, to Indigo and to Calgary Masters Gallery (the Van Gogh sculpture). The rest of the inspiration pictures like the bag, jellyfish, sun sculpture and poster (on the right) are from my hometown; Durango, Mexico. It's one of the few Mezcal-producing cities in Mexico, hence the Agave poster. 
I wanted to combine the look of the poster like the radiating lines and folk art look with the starfish and jellyfish for my design. 

SKETCHES/PROCESS:
After critique, my group feedback was to add the starfish into a radiating-like pattern around the jellyfish. I liked this idea as I planned on using the design for a ceramic plate. 
I decided to eliminate the text as it makes the design more versatile and I felt that it made it look crowded. 





















FINALS:









Comments

Popular Posts